Sunday, August 12, 2012

Week 11 CSA

What you'll find in your basket this week...

  • Potatoes
  • Carrots
  • Onions
  • Beans
  • Beets
  • Zucchini
  • Cucumbers
  • Peppers
  • Purple Cabbage
Extras...
  • Cherry Tomatoes
The tomatoes will be coming soon.  There are a lot on the vines, but none are red yet.  The crops will be slowing down now.  The vines are growing well.  We got a well needed inch and a quarter of rain on Saturday.  Hopefully we won't have to water for a while now.  It had been really dry up til the rain.

As a heads up we will be having a change of day for pick-up the week of Labor Day.  Bismarck pick-up will be on Monday (Labor Day), Sept 3rd, 5-6pm.  New Salem pick-up will be Monday(Labor Day), Sept 3rd, 6:30-8:00pm.

Here are some pictures I took of the gardens about two weeks ago.  It's been pretty crazy here with canning and family activities, so I haven't gotten them up til now.  I haven't posted to our personal blog either, and I think the grandparents are waiting for more recent pictures of our kids.

popcorn

pullets
They have just started laying little eggs!

carrots

Zucchini

zucchini

Banana pepper


tomatoes

tomatoes

cabbage

beans

picklers

cucumbers

No comments:

Post a Comment