We are done picking the rhubarb for this season, but if you still have some in your freezer here is a recipe to try...
Rhubarb Doughnut Muffins
Cream:
2 c. sugar
2/3 c. butter or shortening
2 eggs
1 c. milk
Mix:
3 c. flour
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Combine and mix together
Mix into batter:
1 c. (+/-) diced rhubarb
Bake at 350 degrees F for 12+ minutes til toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 2 1/2 - 3 dozen muffins.
These muffins don't keep very well so only bake what you plan to eat at one time. The batter will last in a sealed container in the fridge for a couple days.
I like to mix these up the night before scoop into muffin tin and put cling wrap over the top. I put them in the oven as soon as I get up in the morning and make coffee. We sit out on the porch in the early mornings and have coffee and muffins. The kids come join us when they get up. It's my favorite part of weekend mornings!
No comments:
Post a Comment