Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week 3 CSA pick up

What you'll find in your basket this week:

  • Rhubarb
  • Green Onions
  • Lettuce (leaf & head)
  • Kale
  • Radishes
Don't forget to return or boxes and bags when you come to pick up your produce.  Thanks!

This weekend we got most of the gardens weeded and mulched....Whew!  What a big job.  We just have the small house garden left.  The strawberries are just starting to ripen.  We each found one red enough to eat today.

We're planning to have an open house next Saturday, June 29th in the afternoon (I'll send out an e-mail with more details).

Let us know if you are getting enough lettuce in your baskets.  We have a lot right now, but we're not sure how much to give...Don't want to lettuce you out.

Everything is growing well.  The gardens look so nice weeded, with the fresh mulch.  I took a few pictures today to share with you.  The peas are blooming now.  I'm excited.  I think they are one of my favorites.

Lettuce in Paddock Garden

Pasture Gardens...Look at the beautiful sky we had today!

Potato Garden

Weedy house garden

Herb Boxes

Paddock Garden

Lettuce

Carrots

Popcorn in Pasture Garden

Beets

Green Beans

Tomato...They are huge and some are starting to flower already!

Peas

Pea blossoms

Potatoes, Soup beans, and Cucumbers in the Pasture Garden

Vine Garden

Pumpkins

Strawberries

Strawberry Bed

No comments:

Post a Comment