Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 12th Delivery

What you'll find in your basket this week:
Loose Leaf Lettuce - See pages 88-89 in From Asparagus to Zucchini
Romaine Lettuce - See pages 88-89
Turnips - See pages 158-159
Onions - See pages 106-107
Beets - See pages 26-29
Carrots - See pages 46-47
Broccoli - See pages 34-35
Spinach - See pages 142-143
New Potatoes - See pages 122-125
Swiss Chard - See pages 56-59




Swiss Chard -
Chard may be a new veggie for you.  This is how I cook it:  Steam until tender.  Add salt & pepper and a little butter (should melt to coat the leaves.)  It's also great raw added to salads!


How the Gardens Look this Week...
The gardens look great!  Everything is growing well.  We've had plenty of timely rains this year.  Thankfully, our soil is sandy, so even the heavy rains just get soaked into the soil, without puddling.  In fact, I was going to take a few pictures of the gardens this week for you, but it's raining right now.  I'll have to take them and add them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment